If you use your hot tub regularly, you know that it requires cleaning at regular intervals. Unfortunately, we have come across several people who find this entire process to be a considerable workload. We agree that cleaning the hot tub requires a lot of patience. However, it is extremely easy once you are accustomed to the process.
We are here to give you a quick run-through of how you should efficiently clean your hot tub in a short period of time.
Things to Consider
Before you get started, there are specific techniques that you should know. Make sure that you are expert enough to handle the situation. If you are a beginner, try to keep an expert by your side who can run you through the process. You should keep in mind certain things when cleaning your spa.
- Make sure you drain the water and then start cleaning. To drain the hot tub turn the power off and let the water drain out.
- Having an inflatable hot tub means there is not as much hassle in the cleaning process.
- It would help if you aimed to clean your hot tub after every 3 uses as it will ensure you have clear water and a fresh feel.
- The water which has been drained can be recycled and used for watering your plants.
These are the things you need to know before you start cleaning your hot tub. It will take around 3-4 minutes to drain the hot tub.
Once you have decided your hot tub needs a clean, you must follow the procedure given below. Make sure that you follow the steps correctly to make the most out of it.
- Draining- drain the water with the power off. This is a safety measure, and to prevent your hot tub from getting damaged. It is important to make sure the power is not on. If you leave it on, the jets may cause the water to splash and spill.
- Clean the Tub- the draining process will take you approximately 3-4 minutes. Once it is done, you can clean the interior and the exterior with detergents and chemical products.
- Filter- once you are done with the exterior liner, it’s good to start on the filter and the jets. For the first time, it is helpful to have someone who has done this before with you while cleaning them. Once the filter is removed, use your hose to clean the filter. Let it dry and then fit it properly. Double-check the fitting and leave it in that position once you know it is correctly placed.
- Refill the Tub- after the filter is placed back, go ahead and start refilling the tub. It will take around 15-30 minutes to fill depending on the water flow.
- Treat the Water- once the tub is filled; treat the water with chlorine. Make sure the correct amount is used as advised on the instructions.
This procedure will help you understand the entire process of cleaning a hot tub correctly.
If you have ever been to a lodge or a cottage with a hot tub, then you must have noticed that a lot of effort goes into cleaning the spas and keeping them maintained. Hence if you are by any chance trying to purchase a portable hot tub, then you should also put in the right amount of effort for cleaning them.